Today I implemented a JEA solution in PowerShell, but at the customer site we hit an error which I did not see in our test environments.

When we tried to execute Import-PSSession we got this error:

Running the Get-Command command in a remote session reported the following error: A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name ‘PowerShellVersion’

Searching the net found this issue in github for PS6.0, but there is no information around a fix in PS5.1

I asked my friend Aleksandar Nikolic and he suggested to try and make a workaround for Get-FormatData. So we did, and we managed to make it work!


1. Open your role capability file

2. Make Get-FormatData cmdlet visible

# Cmdlets to make visible when applied to a session
     VisibleCmdlets = 'Search-Alerts','Get-FormatData'

3. Define a alias for the Get-formatdata function

# Aliases to be defined when applied to a session
    AliasDefinitions = @{
Previous articleSCCM: Improved MDT – “Execute Runbook” Script
Next articleNice to Know – Online editor for GitHub readme.MD files
Jakob is a Microsoft System Center Cloud and Data center Management MVP. Working as Senior Consultant, trainer and Chief Developer at Coretech A/S, where he is one of the driving forces in keeping Coretech a System Center Gold Partner and member of the System Center Alliance. Since he started at Coretech in 2007, he has focused on Scripting and Development, primarily developing tools, extensions and scripts for the System Center Suite. His main product focus is System Center Orchestrator, the former Opalis, a product he has been invited to speak about at different summits and user group meetings, becoming a renowned voice in his field. He is passionately devoted to the community, for which he contributes to, by being a moderator at TechNet, member of the TechNet Influencers team and sharing his knowledge through hid blog.